REASONS TO LIVE IN FLORENCE, ITALY

by - April 22, 2020



REASONS TO LIVE IN FLORENCE, ITALY




Hello everyone! I hope you are all great. I know it is hard to stay at home for months doing nothing. But I am sure that despite this pandemic situation, we are still okay and kicking the best out of ourselves. I know too that everyone is excited about my next blog. 

Anyway, as you all know, I am a newbie in Europe. I've been to places in Italy and I compared the cities. I am very greatful that I found the right city for me to live in. ☺️☺️☺️

Among all the cities that I've been to, I choose Florence. Florence is a very small city. To the fact that you can go around the city center by walking. I can say that it is worth it to stay and live in Florence for several reasons. I am now living in Florence for 9 months now. On this blog, I don't want to be biased. So, you might encounter some negative comments too from me about some areas. 
So, I know that everyone is excited to know the reason why Florence is a good city to live in. Let us get started!


REASONS TO LIVE IN FLORENCE, ITALY


1. Florence is Small
Ride no more. If you are staying in the city center in Florence, you do not need a ride anymore to visit famous museums.  It is always good to walk. Since Florence is a small city, you will never get lost. If you are a newbie, just hold your map and you are good to go. I always advise people to ask the right authorities for advice if we are lost. But being lost is part of the experience, right?



Courtesy UncoveringFlorence.weebly


2. Florence is close to a lot of  beautiful nearby places 
Yea, you read it right! Florence is in the middle of different beautiful places in the Tuscany Region. Tuscany is a region in  Central Italy. Tuscany is the fifth largest of Italy's 20 regions, located slightly north of the center of the peninsula, with a long stretch of Mediterranean coast. It encompasses 8,800 square miles and has a population of 3.7 million inhabitants. It borders Lazio, Umbria, Le Marche, Emilia Romagna, and Liguria. The regional capital of Tuscany is Florence. Florence is near Siena, Lucca, Montalcino, Volterr, and Castello. Each city mentioned has its own distinguished name. I will be featuring them soon.




Courtesy icon.org.uk


3. A city open of culture and influences from different nationalities
One of the factors that can affect our way of living is adopting someone's culture. As an Asian, I am still adjusting to the culture of Europe. Most especially here in Italy that most of them don't speak comprehend english language very well. But that is not a problem cause we are all human beings who can adapt to a certain time. Florence is very nice to live in because the culture is diverse. There are Europeans, Asians, Americans, Latins, Africans, and some other nationalities living in this city.
Living in this city is an eye-opener for me. Mingling with different culture and nationalities gives me the energy to learn more.




Courtesy Travelaccrossitaly

4. Weather is for everyone
The weather in Florence is best in all seasons. Winter here is not that cold like some other cities in Italy or Europe. Yes, it is still cold but not to the point that you will freeze. Springtime is the best time to walk around the city. It is chilly at night and warm at day time. It feels so good to walk with your loved ones around the city with this temperature. But of course, we can't predict the exact weather sometimes it rain sometimes it doesn't. But trust me, Florence has a very good climate in each season that you will absolutely love. They say that sometimes during wintertime, Florence snows but not to the point that you will see nothing. "Florence is at its best when it snows," said Francesco Franchini.



Courtesy Studentsville/blog


5. Food that only Tuscany has
Food is very challenging for me. It is always my problem whenever I go to places. I love trying new dishes but for my everyday food, I am very picky. Now, when I moved to Florence, I am being fascinated by their food. Their food here is fresh and delicious. Their meat is incredible. Tuscany is also known for its wild game such as wild boar, hares, pheasants, and other birds. Their dish is simple but high quality. I would like to enumerate some most famous dishes in Florence.


FLORENTINE FOOD



Bistecca Alla Fiorentina

The bistecca alla Fiorentina is an Italian steak made of veal or heifer that, combined with the specific preparation, makes it one of the most popular dishes of Tuscan cuisine. It is a high cut including the bone, to be cooked on the embers or on the grill, with a degree of "blood" cooking.

Trippa and Lampredotto

Simply put, they are organ meat or offal. Trippa is tripe, the edible lining of the cow's stomach. While tripe is eaten elsewhere, lampredotto is a local specialty for Florence. It is the fourth and final stomach of a cow, generally slow-cooked with tomato, onion, parsley, and celery until it has the texture of tender roast beef.

Panzella

Panzanella or panmolle is a Tuscan chopped salad of soaked stale bread, onions, and tomatoes that is popular in the summer. It often includes cucumbers, sometimes basil, and is dressed with olive oil and vinegar. It is also popular in other parts of central Italy

Cacciucco

Cacciucco is an Italian fish stew native to the western coastal towns of Tuscany and Liguria. It is especially associated with the port city of Livorno in Tuscany and the town of Viareggio to the north

Ribolita

Ribollita is a famous Tuscan bread soup, a hearty potage made with bread and vegetables. There are many variations but the main ingredients always include leftover bread, cannellini beans, lacinato kale, cabbage, and inexpensive vegetables such as carrot, beans, chard, celery, potatoes, and onion.

Enjoy your trip and share this! 




You May Also Like

0 comments

Book your Trip!